ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 11



                                               

Swanton, Nebraska

Swanton is located at 40°22′45″N 97°4′48″W 40.379298, -97.080011. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.20 square miles of 0.52 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Table Rock, Nebraska

Table Rock was platted in 1855. It was named from a large rock formation nearby on the Nemaha River which has since been destroyed. It failed to prosper until the Atchison and Nebraska Railroad was built through town in about 1882.

                                               

Talmage, Nebraska

Talmage is located at 40°31′54″N 96°1′25″W 40.531767, -96.023678. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.16 square miles 0.41 km 2, all of it land. The city is located to the South-East of Lincoln and South of ...

                                               

Tarnov, Nebraska

Tarnov was laid out in 1889. A large share of the early settlers being natives of Tarnow, Poland, caused the name to be selected. A post office was established in Tarnów in 1891, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1969. On Aug ...

                                               

Thayer, Nebraska

Thayer was platted in 1887 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was named for John Milton Thayer, a general in the Union Army during the American Civil War and a postbellum United States Senator from Nebraska.

                                               

Thurston, Nebraska

Thurston is located at 42°10′36″N 96°42′1″W 42.176538, -96.700172. According to the Bureau of US census, the village has a total area of 0.12 square miles of 0.31 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Tobias, Nebraska

As of the census of 2010, there were 106 people, 52 households, and 26 families residing in the village. The population density was 407.7 inhabitants per square mile 157.4/km 2. There were 68 housing units at an average density of 261.5 per squar ...

                                               

Trumbull, Nebraska

Trumbull is a village in Adams and Clay Counties in the U.S. state of Nebraska. The population was 205 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Hastings, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Uehling, Nebraska

Uehling was laid out in 1905 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was named for Theodore Uehling, the original owner of the town site. Uehling was incorporated as a village in 1906.

                                               

Ulysses, Nebraska

Ulysses is located at 41°4′21″N 97°12′10″W 41.072375, -97.202762. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.20 square miles of 0.52 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Unadilla, Nebraska

Unadilla was platted in 1871 when the Missouri Pacific Railroad was extended to that point. It was named after Unadilla, New York, the former hometown of an early settler.

                                               

Union, Nebraska

Union was laid out in 1890 at a railroad junction. Sources differ whether the town was named for patriotic reasons after the federal union, or from its location at the railroad junction, a "union" of rails.

                                               

Upland, Nebraska

Upland is located at 40°19′6″N 98°54′7″W 40.318371, -98.901922. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.41 square miles 1.06 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Utica, Nebraska

Utica is a village in Seward County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Lincoln, Nebraska Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 861 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Valparaiso, Nebraska

The early history of Valparaiso is unclear. It first appeared on an 1863 map. Valparaiso is derived from a Spanish name meaning "vale of paradise". Valparaiso was incorporated in 1880.

                                               

Venango, Nebraska

Venango is located at 40°45′46″N 102°2′28″W 40.762676, -102.041235. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.25 square miles 0.65 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Verdigre, Nebraska

Verdigre was platted in 1887 shortly before the Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley Railroad was extended to that point. It took its name from nearby Verdigre Creek.

                                               

Verdon, Nebraska

Verdon is located at 40°8′53″N 95°42′40″W 40.147950, -95.711007. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.24 square miles 0.62 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Virginia, Nebraska

Virginia is located at 40°14′43″N 96°29′52″W 40.245197, -96.497775. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.10 square miles 0.26 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Waco, Nebraska

Waco had its start in the year 1877 when the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad was extended to that point. It was named after Waco, Texas, the hometown of an early settler.

                                               

Wallace, Nebraska

Wallace is a village in Lincoln County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the North Platte, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 366 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Walthill, Nebraska

Walthill was platted in 1906 when the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad was extended to that point. It was named for Walter "Walt" Hill, son of railroad executive James J. Hill.

                                               

Washington, Nebraska

Washington was platted in 1887 when the Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley Railroad was extended to that point. It was named from Washington County. Washington was incorporated as a village in 1915.

                                               

Waterbury, Nebraska

Waterbury is a village in Dixon County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Sioux City, IA–NE–SD Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 73 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Waterloo, Nebraska

Waterloo is located at 41°17′13″N 96°17′18″W 41.287021, -96.288387. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.65 square miles 1.68 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Wauneta, Nebraska

Wauneta is a village in Chase County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 577 at the 2010 census. It lies along U.S. Route 6 and Nebraska Highway 61 southeast of the city of Imperial, the county seat of Chase County.&gt, Its elevation is ...

                                               

Wellfleet, Nebraska

Wellfleet is a village in Lincoln County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the North Platte, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 78 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Western, Nebraska

Western is located at 40°23′31″N 97°11′54″W 40.392050, -97.198259. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area amounting to 0.49 square miles 1.27 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Weston, Nebraska

Weston is located at 41°11′34″N 96°44′32″W 41.192835, -96.742223. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.22 square miles 0.57 km2, all land.

                                               

Whitney, Nebraska

Originally called Dawes City, then Earth Lodge, it was renamed in honor of Peter Whitney, a railroad official. East of Whitney is the site of Old Fort Useless, built for settlers protection but never used. Whitney was incorporated as a village in ...

                                               

Wilcox, Nebraska

Wilcox is a village in Kearney County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Kearney, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 358 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Wilsonville, Nebraska

Wilsonville is located at 40°6′42″N 100°6′28″W 40.111551, -100.107680. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.27 square miles of 0.70 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Winnetoon, Nebraska

Winnetoon was founded in about 1892 and was incorporated as a village in 1900. It was named after the Wisconsin farm of an acquaintance of a railroad official. Post office operates in Winnetoon since 1891.

                                               

Winside, Nebraska

Winside was platted in 1886 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was so named because its promoters hoped the town would win the railroad over rival town Northside.

                                               

Winslow, Nebraska

Winslow is located at 41°36′30″N 96°30′14″W 41.608447, -96.503872. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.06 square miles 0.16 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Wolbach, Nebraska

Wolbach was established as a town in 1887 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was named for S. N. Wolbach, one of the original owners of the town site.

                                               

Wood Lake, Nebraska

Wood Lake was founded in 1882 when the Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley Railroad was extended to that point. It was named for the trees at a nearby lake, which were the source of valuable timber.

                                               

Wynot, Nebraska

Wynot had its start by the building of the railroad through that territory. According to tradition, it was derived from an old German settlers common answer of "Why not?"

                                               

Carlin, Nevada

Carlin is a small city located near the western border of Elko County in northeast Nevada, 23 miles west of the city of Elko. It is part of the Elko Micropolitan Statistical Area. Carlin sits along Interstate 80 at an elevation of approximately 4 ...

                                               

Wells, Nevada

Wells is a small city in Elko County, in northeast Nevada in the western United States. The population was 1.292 at the 2010 census. Wells is located at the junction of Interstate 80 and U.S. Route 93, approximately 50 miles east of Elko and is p ...

                                               

West Wendover, Nevada

West Wendover is a small city in Elko County, Nevada, United States. The population was 4.410 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Elko micropolitan area. West Wendover is located on the eastern border of Nevada and the western edge of the Great ...

                                               

Atkinson, New Hampshire

Atkinsons history dates back to the American Revolution. The community was incorporated 3 September 1767, and was named after Colonel Theodore Atkinson, a local landowner. Atkinson Academy, the second oldest collaborative learning school in the c ...

                                               

Auburn, New Hampshire

Auburn is a town in Rockingham County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 4.953 at the 2010 census, with an estimated population of 5.449 in 2017.

                                               

Barnstead, New Hampshire

Barnstead is a town in Belknap County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 4.593 at the 2010 census. Home to the Suncook Lakes, Barnstead includes the villages of Center Barnstead, Barnstead Parade and South Barnstead.

                                               

Barrington, New Hampshire

Barrington is a town in Strafford County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 8.576 at the 2010 census. The town is a woodland, farm and bedroom community.

                                               

Bartlett, New Hampshire

Bartlett is a town in Carroll County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 2.788 at the 2010 census. Bartlett includes the unincorporated community of Glen as well as portions of the communities of Kearsarge and Intervale which the to ...

                                               

Bedford, New Hampshire

Bedford is a town in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 21.203 at the 2010 census and an estimated 22.458 in 2017. Bedford is a suburb of Manchester, New Hampshires largest city.

                                               

Belmont, New Hampshire

Belmont is a town in Belknap County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 7.356 at the 2010 census. The primary settlement in town, where 1.301, people lived according to the 2010 census, is defined by the census Bureau of the U.S. po ...

                                               

Bennington, New Hampshire

Bennington is a town in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 1.476 at the 2010 census. The main village of the Town, where 381 people according to the 2010 census, is defined as a census designated place CDP Benni ...

                                               

Benton, New Hampshire

Benton is a town in Grafton County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 364 at the 2010 census. Located in the White Mountains, Benton is largely surrounded by the White Mountain National Forest. The town is crossed by the Appalachia ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →